Monday, April 28, 2008

RED SMOKE

Saturday I made a trip out to my old school, Palatine High School. Palatine holds the oldest relays and track meet in Illinois. This was the 76th running of the relays. Coach Nalley asked me to come out and speak to the team before the meet to motivate them. I still hold all 17 hurdle records there and he thought it would be a big deal for the team. I was honored to do so. While I was speaking about the relays when I was in school I gave myself goose bumps, and I showed them that some day when they look back on their realys experience they will too.(all improv)Pretty sweet

Coach Theberge was my coach for cross country and track. He and I got along real well. Back in the day Chermak and I called him Ruben all the time cause he looks like the character from the Sally Field movie Norma Ray-(film class)

The actors name is Ron Leibman (Ironically its Ron Theberge)







It was a windy day but over all a good day for a track meet. Palatine won the meet by 58 points.

After the meet I went inside to use the bathroom and snapped a pic of the school record board. Looks like they need some new letters... And of course the only ones that are missing are in my name and the year on one as well. Oh well-

No comments: