Monday, December 7, 2009

New York

Last weekend I took a trip to New York City. We took a trip to see if it is possible to do two things: Try and buy a business that only exists in NY and eat so much food that our stomachs explode. Since we are in New York and I just met some Soprano actors.I took some pictures that are actually on the opening of The Sopranos show.

I woke up this morinig-







My travel partners Aaron and Phil.

Saturday we drove upstate New York to Flieschers apparently the "IT" Butcher shop in the country. The owner Josh Applestone has a TV show, has been in GQ and the New York Times several times. We met with him and explained that we want to bring his concept to Chicago.... Stay Tuned, were tryin to put somethin together with him now.


The Meat Hook is butcher shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It is kinda a punk rock version of what we had in mind.

Manhattan has these newspaper stands all over. I thought they were so cool. Any magazine you can think are available. No joke you name it they have it.

A schwarma sangweech with fallafel and cabbage- $4.00


This place opens at 1am and only serves gourmet french fries, with sauces that make your mouth very happy.


I thought New York was the city that never sleeps?


A delicious organic NY strip steak.... This steak melted in my mouth, OOFA did we eat on this trip!!

They served us sauteed brussel sprouts.... UNREAL!! Not sure if I ever have had brussel sprouts. But they were like nothing I had ever eaten.

We stayed in Astoria which is in Queens. Every building is connected there. No alleys, congested but awesome.

Me in Brooklyn by the Brooklyn Bridge

1 comment:

Life at the Round Table said...

WOW Chris...I'm so excited you were able to experience the BIG APPLE! It's an experience...Can't wait to see what comes of it....YOU can do ANYTHING!! Love ya, Mom