Friday, October 2, 2009

2016 Not so much

WOW, being from Chicago I have been able to cope with the disappointments handed down from poor sports team perfomances. Be it the Bears losing in the Super Bowl and not making the play-offs ever since. Or the fact that the Cubs have been horrible for the past 100 years. But this morning I truly felt let down by the Olympic bid decision. I was pretty confident as was the rest of the city that we would win the bid. However we received the least amount of votes and did'nt make it out of the first round!!!! I was thinking that if we did get the bid, I was going to volunteer or join a comittee just to be a part of it. However the outcome was NILL literally. I would think with President Obama and Oprah that our star powere was there. I am reminded of when this same situation happened to Salt Lake City. They were denied the first time and went through the process again. The second time around they won. I just wont put as much stock in the second time around.

No comments: